History of Western Music – Part 1
An introduction to the development of listening skills, the fundamental elements of music, a historical survey of the origins and development of the History of Western Music – Part 1, intended to provide a background for the understanding and application of the major periods and styles in Western music and music in selected Non Western cultures.
Students will be provided with Certification upon the completion of the course.
- The student will learn the basic fundamentals of music.
- The student will develop listening skills to differentiate between styles of music.
- The student will understand the how various forms of music developed.
- The student will explore historical developments related to music.
- The student will reflect how music contributes to the cultural development of western civilization.
- The student will learn to communicate effectively with specialized audiences such as musicians and music enthusiasts.
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 429
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: The Beginning of Polyphony
Section 3: Listening Examples of History of Western Music
Section 4: Late Medieval Music